Monday, February 18, 2008

"well, I AM 14 now, you know." (Sam's birthday)

Sam's birthday was on Saturday this year, and it saved Isaac and Miranda from school! They were supposed to have some sort of exhibition that day but they didn't go since we were having a "family event". She decided she wanted to go see the movie "Enchanted". We had a bit of trouble finding the theatre, so we missed the first few minutes. The guy took the kids in before I had finished paying, I think maybe he remembered me from the last time I was there and had to throw a big hissy fit because they took away my imported chocolate (which I evidently should have hidden), their full-body searches made us miss the first part of that movie too (the Bourne Ultimatum) and they were not at all sorry or apologetic for the whole debaucle (ooh, $10 word). I swore I would never go back (and told the manager that too) but there I was. Anyway, it is a GREAT movie - very cute. Even Randy loved it. (hahahaha ok not really) But it is very cute. Then we went to our favorite French bakery for a cake. We ordered it with writing on top, then went to the bookstore so Sam could read some comic book novel thing she had started last time we were at the bookstore. When we went to pick up the cake, they had put "Happy 14th SUN" on it! I laughed. Sam not so much. Turns out they gave me back the paper I had written on, so they were winging it! They fixed it. Then we went home to have lasagne (real, with BEEF!) and cake and presents. If you want to, you can listen to us sing and watch Sam blow out her candle in the video. It is good stuff :) Anyway, for presents, in addition to the blanket Grandma Brooks gave her at Christmas time)Sam got a Lego Star Wars watch from her siblings (it is cute and came with a storm trooper Lego figure), books, chocolate and a singing card from Christelle, and a Disney MixMax from us. The MixMax is pretty cool - it is an MP3 player and a video player too. It even came with Pirates of the Carribean on SD card! (yep, the whole movie). As Alex was being envious of her cool new toy ("how come SHE gets that?), Sam said, "well, I AM 14 now you know". And a catch-phrase was born. We have used it many times already, to explain away all sorts of injustices!
So, she had a good day, nobody had to go to school, and she loved her presents.





HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!

2 comments:

April said...

Happy Birthday, Sam! :)

Bonnie said...

Sam you are so photogenic, just like your Mom. Glad you had a great day!