Monday, September 22, 2008

Mehndi, again. Sam is a fan :)

Christelle's parents (who were here visiting for nearly a MONTH - more with them will show up on here eventually) were heading back to Belgium the next day, and we finally managed to convince her Mom to get some Mehndi done. This guy has a spot on the sidewalk at Omax Mall (the one across Sohna Road from us). Alex wanted to come but her dishes weren't washed, and Miranda didn't really seem into it, so just Sam and I went with Christelle and Frances.
I love to watch these guys work - what an art! We bought ourselves some tubes of the henna, but we are scared to try it. They make it look easy, but I am sure ours would look like stick people next to the Mona Lisa! (Incidently, a tube of the stuff they use costs 10 rupees in the market. Keep that in mind when you read what I paid! Pretty sure it is the White Lady price.) He had a binder with photos you could choose from - we sort of sign language what we want.
Sam wanted the full meal deal - both hands, up on the arm. (When we got home and it was dinner time. it presented a problem - she could not hold her own fork and Alex had to feed her!!) Frances was only brave enough to get one arm done, Christelle and I both opted for the ankle, she added one palm ("not the fingers, please, I need to cook tonight") I prefer the back of the hand. Less hassle while you wait for it to dry!




This much fun cost me 400 rupees, less than $10. Sam LOVES it. And it lasts several weeks, so its ok.

No comments: