Tuesday, December 18, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I was not on the ball enough to do a Christmas card photo, so this is what you get :) We are dressed in typical Indian clothes... the long tunic and pants with scarf is called salwaar kameez and is what you see ALL the time. Many women wear saree but in younger women it is for dressing up only. I can' remember what the men's outfit is called (kurti or something) but it is similar. The clothes are pretty comfortable. We - meaning the girls and I - wear ours to church!
The Crocs on our feet are NOT traditional Indian, but they work great for keeping our feet off the cold marble floors, and cushion them too. We wear them like slippers.
Notice my clay horse, a recent aquisition that I am VERY pleased with. He stands at the door until I want him in my family photo.
So no newsletter either, but of course, if you are reading this blog, you know all there is to know, so MERRY CHRISTMAS and all the best for 2008.

We would love to see our friends on this side of the world!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

You all look great, I love the color combinations, especially with the shoes. Have a wonderful time in Canada and a Merry Christmas.

Zappe Family said...

Wow. What an exciting adventure for your family over there in India! Laura (Hauswirth) sent me this link to check you guys out. I'm glad you're all surviving and enjoying life! Looking forward to reading all your adventures!

Bonnie said...

Waiting for another addition. I sent your blog address to Randy's aunt, Gladys and she said the timing was perfect. Her granddaughter had been assigned to write a paper comparing Canada to a developing country and she was able to use some of the material in the blog.